Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Batten down the hatches

It looks like a number of folks are battening down the hatches in case Sandy arrives.  I don't blame them.  I've been through a few in past years and these storms can be devastating.  It's been a while since storms of this nature have hit New England.  Irene was certainly a surprise.  At least now folks get some kind of warning.  I wasn't around yet when the '38 hurricane hit up North (they didn't have names back then) but I have pictures of the results.  Same with Carol (pictures).  I'd been visiting my aunt in Virginia and we returned to RI by train, following Carol.  The folks up North didn't have any warning for the one in '38 and it hit at high tide.  Many a fisherman found his boat inland, high and dry. You can still see watermarks high up on some of the buildings in Providence, RI.  Hopefully Sandy won't be like Irene and will die a peaceful death somewhere out in the Atlantic.  Mother Nature appears to be flexing her muscles, letting us know just who's in charge.  To those who may be affected I wish safety.  Blessed be.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

I hope that most of those folks are able to get out of harms way! It's no fun to go through a storm like that...I know!

Nothing you can do but try and prepare! Stay save!