Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Whether the weather

I wish we could have three or four nice days in a row so the ground could dry out a bit.  I would love to be able to start working in the garden, getting it ready for planting.  So far every day that's been decent I've been working.  When I'm home it rains.  Today is supposed to be a nice day and I might be able to get some work done outside after I go to the gallery.  One of the persons who is ordinarily there is in Florida so our fearless leader may be by herself and I don't like that idea.  It's not that we get hordes of people in.  I just don't like her being alone.  So.....another gal is supposed to go in but I'll pop in and stay until she comes (which usually isn't until after lunch).  We also have some people coming in to set up Native American art.  That should be interesting.
Getting back to the garden...I've started some peas and parsnips in the house.  I'll need to get some kind of frame for the peas as these particular ones are climbers.  Think I'll get them in the ground first.  Will also have tomatoes, okra, maybe asparagus.  That's all I can handle.  I'll put some herbs in a different spot.  Since I'm not home every day I'm not sure how things'll go but I'm giving it a try.
Y'all have a productive day and remember:  a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take everything you have.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

I hope your garden does well this year! Hopefully, you can keep the deer out of it!

Momlady said...

I hope so too. Hopefully J will come up soon and repair the fence.

Rob said...

I'm browsing blogs (off HermitJim's list today) and stopped in for a visit. Hello!
I noticed in your description you mentioned old (but not that old)... My wife was talking about her jury time and the deliberations, she mentioned "an older gentleman", I asked her "how old?". Not as old a us was the reply. I asked "70's?", "oh no, not that old" was her reply.
That gave me a reason to think about 'age'... when you're 60 it's not as easy to think of 70 as "oh no, not that old"! :-)
I hope it dries out and you can get outside to play in the dirt. Soon!