Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hey, I need that lung!

Although the bouts aren't as often, thanks to good cough medicine, I still get 'em and they are just as mean.  I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung once it starts.  Tried a trick a friend told me about and, along with the cough medicine, I only tried to cough one up twice instead of 5 or 6.  The trick?  Rub Vicks on the bottom of your feet instead of on your chest.  Put sock on so you don't get the sheets messy.  I'll do it again tonight and tomorrow night and......  Whatever might work.  Actually since my recliner has become my temporary bed I'm going to put more on after I get off the computer.  I'll let you know.
This all started right after my last post.  Daughter called and asked if I could drive her and her daughter to the pediatrician (whom they had seen just a few days before but who did not issue any prescriptions), because she (daughter) didn't think she could do it.  Now, they had been sick when they came up to celebrate Solstice (see previous post) but for her things has gotten worse.  Apparently they had for Sprout also.  So, okay, I go down and pick them up and off we go.  It's all she can do to get to her van  without stopping every foot to try and breathe.    I'm the one carrying Sprout.  She can't even pick her up.  We wait and wait.  Meanwhile daughter is getting sick to her stomach so I go back with S when her name is called.  K finds us after doing what she needs to do.  Come to find out the poor S has the flu!  and an ear infection!  and I don't remember what else.  She was this sick the week before and they didn't see it?!  Now we're off to drop K off at the ER 'cause by this time it's a miracle she can even breathe.  On the way home I stop and pick S's medications.  By now I'm not feeling so good myself, so when we get back to the house both S and I head for the "lounge" and settle in.  A keeps us company for a while.  Tomorrow I'm to take her to her post-op procedure and we have to leave the house by 6:00 a.m.  Welllllll, guess what?  K's admitted to ICU.  Whoa, we CANNOT take S with us.  K gets hold of J and tells him what's what etc. etc. which does not make him happy when he finds out she was texting him from the hospital and not the house.  At any rate he shows up in the a.m. when he's supposed to and A and I get to the hospital.  While she fills out paperwork I sit and doze, not having gotten much sleep the night before (coughing toddler).  To make a long story just a tad longer I head back to K's and take over toddler care once again.  Meanwhile trying to cough up one of my lungs.  Sometimes we coughed in harmony.  K was discharged later that day.  There was more drama but I won't get into that.  I came home and crashed, literally.  I'm thinking now that perhaps I should have stopped at her hospital ER on the way home (I don't trust ours).  Of course Dr.'s office was closed Wednesday, I found out Thursday they were closed then, also so Friday I just drove over there willing to sit in the waiting room until he could see me.  I was the first one in.  I don't know what I have and neither does he.  It resembles the flu, but isn't.  It resembles bronchitis, but isn't.  So I take the cough medicine and the antibiotic and keep my fingers crossed.  I really need to be well cured of this by Thurs.  I'm going back to my recliner now.  Y'all have a healthy day.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like some nasty stuff to me! I do hope you all get better!

CottonLady said...

I hope you and everyone else gets better soon. Take care of yourself.

Blessings!

Momlady said...

Thanks y'all. I am doing better but just. The cough just won't go away! I'm determined to be at least 98% by Sunday 'cause that's when I'm leaving. Daughter is doing better and the Sprout is her old self mostly. That damn cough just keeps lingering.