Dear Future President,
This immigration/emigration thing bothers me. I have a few ideas I'd like to share regarding policy for anyone wishing to get into and stay in this country.
1. They must submit to a thorough background check.
2. They must prove they have employment.
3. They must prove they can support themselves for a minimum of 3 years. (I'd go for five 5 but the liberals are probably screaming unfair at 3)
4. They will learn English (which should be our national language.) We should not have to learn another language.
5. No person guilty of an aggregious felony will ever be considered.
6. They must follow all of our laws, I don't care what they could get away with in their country.
7. Should they break any of our laws they will be punished under our legal system
and, if still living at the end of their sentence, they will be deported.
Those are a few. Given time I could probably come up with more.
Thanks for "listening".
Anyone out there have any other ideas?