Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

At home

Yesterday was a stay at home day.  We had ice and freezing rain and I wasn't going to venture out anywhere.  I've driven in the stuff before but don't if I don't have to.  Wanted to go to daughter's to deliver birthday gift to granddaughter (who is now 2!).  Will go tomorrow instead.  I don't think she'll know the difference.  Anyway, it was a good day to get some knitting and laundry done.  Which I did, in between taking care of my nose which decided it would be a good idea to turn on the faucet in my sinuses.  I do believe I went through a whole box of tissues, maybe more.  I put up with it during the day but decided that Benadryl would be the choice of nighttime products.  I did not want to spend the night with a piece of kleenex wadded up a nostril.  The Benadryl worked beautifully and I got a full night's sleep.
The forecast is for the mid-50's today and I hope it gets that warm.  I want to go to a friend's house to finish the Nantucket basket he taught me to make.  When I get back from my gtrip I may order the supplies needed to make more.  We'll see.
Y'all have a bountiful day and remember:  a government big enough to give you everything is also big enough to take everything.

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Nah, she won't notice. She'll be glad to see you when you DO come down, and better safe than sorry on the roads. People were driving stupid around here yesterday!

I did laundry, took care of some fishy business, and generally hung about the house with the family. Whee.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

HermitJim said...

Just be careful out on the road! Way too many crazies out there!

Doesn't seem that Sprout can be two already! Time sure flies when you're having fun!