Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something new

Yesterday my daughter and I went to an electronics store and I surprised her by buying her a new computer.  Hers (named Bob) just couldn't do for her anymore.  She writes and needed the space, plus he just wasn't feeling well and had hiccups in his functions periodically.  It's an early birthday present for her.  She's named it Albino Bob as it's white.  I decided to go ahead and get one for myself as well since my old one doesn't have a functioning disk drive anymore and the fan likes to make disturbing noises once in a while.  I've never named my computer before but I decided to name the new one George.  George will be going with me on my trip in February.  I'll be contacting someone today about transferring stuff from the old one to George.  The two computers cost less than I thought they would.  Guess it's because of Windows 8 coming out.  Ours have Windows 7, which is good enough for me. 
Some of us from the gallery are taking our fearless leader out for lunch for her birthday.  She'll be in Texas visiting her sister on the actual date.  Should be a nice break in the day.  It seems a little strange not going in to the gallery but there's so much to do before I leave on my trip that I have the time to get things done.  Just wish the weather wasn't so gray.  A month from now I'll be in sunny Florida visiting with family before heading out to sea.  This trip I'm going to try to keep a journal of sorts so I can share some of my adventures with y'all.
Y'all have a pleasant day and remember:  Not all is as it seems.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

It w3as nice of you to get a new 'puter for the daughter!

Now comes the fun part of learning all the new stuff that every PC seems to have! You'll at least have a great way to keep track of everything on the trip!

Have a great day!

Momlady said...

Thanks, Jim. The toughest part right now is getting used to this keyboard.