Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yesterday morning, as I was sitting in the tub looking out the window, I watched a leaf fall slowly to the ground.  It had fulfilled it's role for the tree and was now going to become part of the earth.  My thought at that time was that I felt like that leaf.  This is not a good time of year for me.  Darkness comes early, the days are shorter, I have a hard time adjusting to the time change.  There is so much to do around here and I have no one I can depend on to help. I am fortunate, however, to have a few lady friends and yesterday we got together for lunch to celebrate M's birthday.  We knitted afterwards for a while.  My spirits lifted for the time being.
When I came home the newest member of the family, PB, was on the same chair (mine) as when I left.  Uh, oh.  Sure enough, even though I had shown her where the litter box is she didn't use it.  My chair became her pee potty.  Sigh.  Come to find out the vet had suggested she be given her own box which daughter failed to tell me.  I went to the local market and bought a foil turkey roasting pan.  I figured she was used to a foil container in the carrier so maybe.....  It worked.  So far.  So now her food, water and litter box are downstairs and Cleo's are upstairs.  They're still hissing at each other but hopefully that will stop in a week or so.
PB still isn't using the leg that was broken.  I try to position her so she has to put some weight on it.  I do the exercise suggested by the vet.  But, if she ends up using only three legs, so be it.  She's going to be an indoor kitty anyway.  And have a bum leg has not stopped her from running around or climbing.
The weather sucks today and I have nothing on the calendar.  Think I'll do some cleaning upstairs.  Y'all have a _____________day.  (fill in the blank).

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I think this time of the year brings those feelings to many of us. I've been having my share, that's for sure!

Hopefully the kitty will get used to the new litter box and stop using the chair!

Momlady said...

I know I'll get over it but it's a bummer for sure. Kitty is using her box.