Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Power

Had a generator installed yesterday.  And a propane tank.  I'm of the age where I don't want to have to try to start a gasoline powered generator.  It makes my daughter happy.  Maybe she thinks I can't survive without one.  I have to admit that it will be nice to have heat and lights if the power goes off during a storm but I know I can survive if I had to without the generator.  I've done so before even to the point of getting the wood stove up and going in the basement when I had pneumonia.  Should there be a severe ice storm at least my daughter and kids can come up and stay if she doesn't have power.  She has no other heat source than electricity.  Nor do some of my neighbors.  That could be interesting, 'cause I would let them know they could come over to shower and such.  Of course, I might not ever go through the 250 gallons of propane.  The power company is really good about restoring power as quickly as possible.
There are so many people nowadays that couldn't deal with going without power.  Or air conditioning or electric heat.  We have become a nation (world, actually) of wimps and, should the poo-poo hit the oscillator, the only ones who will survive are those who do without now and those who grew up when there was no such thing.
What do you think?
Y'all have a good day and remember:  a day without sunshine is like...night.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I think you made a wise decision to have a generator installed. Better to be prepared and ready in this day and age.

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

We down in hurricane country have sure thought about a natural gas generator for our place, but even a small one is quite expensive here. We've been through 2 weeks of no power, just sleeping in a neighbor's hallway next to their room with a generator powered a/c window unit, but can't say I'd like o do it again. And, of course like you say, There's always the grands and neighbors who need help. Maybe someday we'll do it, but good for you in the meantime.