Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, June 27, 2011

It had to happen

Daughter called about 10:30 last night.  They are on their way home and guess what.....one of the trailer tires blew, taking the fender with it.  When she called they were near Winston-Salem, limping along the side of the highway with the flashers on.  Luckily they found a well lit gas station next to a tire store just off the highway.  The gas station was still open and allowed them to "drop" the trailer overnight.  They were going to find some place to sleep then return to the station and tire store in the morning.  It's gonna cost me but I'm glad they stayed safe.  Daughter will call me this morning and let me know what's what.  She sent me a picture via phone of the poor tire and wheel.  I'm thinking that the wheel is going to have to be replaced also.  It was pretty crooked from being driven on for a ways.  If need be I'll tell her to leave the trailer there and come on home.  We can go get it later in the week.  I'm going to tell her to have the tire store check the other tire also, just in case.  I tell you, if it isn't one thing it's another and if they had any luck at all it would be bad.  But like I said, at least they weren't hurt.  I see a spare trailer tire in the future.
Reckon I'd better get a move on.  Y'all have a grand day and...don't get even, get ODD.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Like you say, at least they weren't hurt!

It's always something, for sure! We can always expect the unexpected!

Murphy's Law in action!

Momlady said...

I'm not sure if it's Murphy's Law or those damn faeries!