Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fun at the park

Yesterday daughter brought up her cargo trailer to park it in the yard for the winter.  The kids were with her so I thought it would be cool to take them out to lunch and, since it was a very nice day, go to the park so the kids could play.  The place where we had lunch has just opened and it's great.  Real soda fountain drinks (of which I had one Friday night) and good sandwiches....not just hamburgers and hot dogs.  After lunch we took the kids to the local park.  My grandson soon found a boy his age to hang with and my granddaughter was happy to play on the small slide.  After about an hour it began to feel just a tad too warm and daughter had to get home since a friend was coming to visit her so we called it a day.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of granddaughter on the slide (she's 19 months old) not only going down but learning to climb back up.  I wouldn't have been surprised if daughter told me that both kids slept on the way home.  The highlight of the afternoon?  My granddaughter taking my hand and having me go down the slide with her.
Y'all have a loverly day.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Nothing like spending an afternoon at the park with Grandma! Sure makes for some good memories!

Momlady said...

Glad you stopped by. Good memories is right.