Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Goin' with the "girls"

Won't be going into the gallery today.  I'm taking the day off and going up to Franklin, NC with some of the ladies from the quilt guild.  It's the monthly birthday girls trip to a couple of quilt shops up there as well as having a lovely lunch.  The neat thing is is if it is your birthday month you get a significant discount on anything you purchase at one of the shops (the discount equals half your age).  The other shops gives a simple discount to everyone.  I don't really need any fabric but, of course, one never knows what new designs are out there.  D and I will be stopping at a couple of other places on the way home.  I want to get a ginormous skein of yard wound into a ball and the yarn shop up there has an amazing winder (it's motorized!) and can wind very large skeins.  The one I have may be a challenge though since it's about 2,000 yards.  Imagine trying to wind a skein of yarn that's over a mile in length!  My arms would fall off.
We had a very nice reception at the gallery last evening.  I was good and stayed away from the fattening stuff and drank tea instead of wine.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother but then I realize that if I want the weight to stay off......
One of the artists is a lady in her 80's.  She has had an amazing artistic journey.  She painted, made beaded jewelry, made pine needle baskets, wove fabric, quilted.  Sounds kinda like my travels in the art world.  Mine aren't as extensive as hers but if I keep going......
I need to get a move on if I'm going to be ready when D comes to pick me up.  Y'all have a gorgeous day and forgive your enemies....it messes up their heads.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Sounds to me like you all will have a very nice trip!

Be careful out there!