Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Frustration

First it was squirrels trying to eat my porch.  Just recently it's pileated woodpeckers trying to drill into my house!  While I don't plan on killing the woodpeckers I will scare them off with my BB pistol.  As for the squirrels I have purchased a pellet rifle with a scope (don't laugh).  I figure if I can get enough of them with it it just might keep them away.  They are so stupid, though, they just might come back for more.  When I asked my critter guy what causes the squirrels  to gnaw on the porch he said it was due either to stress or over population.  I have noticed that they are smaller this year.  Heaven knows they have enough hickory nuts to feed them and the oak trees supplied acorns.  Of course there's a rivalry for the acorns with the deer.  The woodpeckers haven't been back, so far, after I fired my BB pistol in their general direction.  Guess they may have more brains than the squirrels.
Oh, the joys of home ownership.
Y'all have a beautiful day and remember.....it is what it is.

4 comments:

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

We also have way too many squirrels too, Momlady. Hubby catches a few in a live trap, then hauls them away about 5 miles. I really don't understand that though, as we have bird feeders that seem to attract the squirrels. They have gnawed holes in the corners of our deck roofing, and I'm desperately afraid they are nesting in our attic. New roof starting next week, thank goodness.

HermitJim said...

Maybe they just like the overall taste of your cabin! As long as you don't hear them hollar "timber" real loud...I reckon it's OK.

Good luck on the critter control!

Momlady said...

BabySis, years ago I had a critter guy come out when I heard a squirrel trying to eat it's way into my house. They like to get into attics to have their babies and do a lot of damage. He covered up all the access points. Had the squirrel succeeded it would have landed on my head as I have no attic.

Momlady said...

HJ, I hope they don't like it too much. Glad you came by.