Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So nice

The family has gone and the house is quiet. But what a lovely Solstice we had. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the full eclipse due to cloud cover but we did get to see some of it. I went to bed well before the full coverage as I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had a bit of a problem actually going to sleep and remember looking at the clock and seeing 2:57 and thinking maybe I could get up for the last few minutes. Next thing I know it's morning. Obviously I didn't miss it.

Yule day we had a wonderful fire to welcome back the sun. It was a bit damp outside but that was good as it meant none of the leaves or grass surrounding the fire would catch. It would have been cool to be able to burn at night (which is the proper time)however night fires are prohibited here. By the way, I'm very proud I was able to put these two pictures in this blog after having been given a lesson by daughter.

Watching everyone open their gifts was a pleasure. It really is better to give than receive. My grandson was very happy. And he gets to celebrate Christmas with his Dad. Wow. Two holidays! I love having the family here and hopefully they will be able to be here full time within the next few years. Now it's off to bake some brownies for a birthday celebration tomorrow.

Have a lovely day and blessed be.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm glad that you all had a great time. Nothing like being to share some quality time with family...

You are doing good with learning all about putting on the pictures on the blog! Amazing what we can pick up on, isn't it?

Unknown said...

What a wonderful celebration. You are truly blessed. And congrats on your new skill! I just love pictures and can't wait to see some more of yours.