Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring

I do believe Spring is finally here.  The dogwoods are in bloom and I have iris blooming along with a couple of tulips from Holland a couple of friends gave me.  The weather is warming.  I've started getting the urge to work outside....so many weeds!  Don't believe I'll have a vegetable garden this year.  Last year was a lot of work for little return.  I'm not sure about the asparagus.  So far only three or so have been harvested.  The ones I planted last year haven't shown up yet.
Don't think I'll be traveling until August.  I did go to Fairhope Alabama a couple of weeks ago with a friend to visit her daughter and son-in-law.  It's a lovely place and the food around there is really good (as attested to by the weight gain).  There may be some day or weekend getaways.  We'll see.  Uncle Sam took a big chunk of change so things will be tight for a while.
So many of the folks I have followed here have gone away.  Kinda makes me sad.  Guess everyone has gone to Facebook or Twitter or some such.  I'll stay here.
This morning I'm going to try my hand at hooking up the new battery for my van.  A neighbor was kind enough to remove the old one.  I went and bought a new one.  He was going to come install it but had to work.  Afraid it was going to rain I managed to wrangle it onto its place in the engine compartment.  Of course the black lead decided to tuck itself under the battery so I had to maneuver that out.  No easy feat since the battery is almost snugged up against the side of the engine compartment and the "shelf" it's on is exactly the size of the battery.  I managed, though, with a few strong words and determination.  My neighbor hasn't been able to come by so I'm going to hook it up myself.  When I asked to him on the phone he was amazed I'd gotten the darn thing in.  I told him why I'd done it and that I was a person who did what needed to be done...somehow... even at my age.  I guess he thought I wouldn't be able to pick up the battery (why don't they make them with a handle anymore?) since they can be quite heavy.  So now I hope I have the right tools to finish the job.  If I do I'll pat myself on the back.
Experimented with ramps last night.  There's a vegetable stand that sells them up in Otto so I thought I'd try 'em.  Not bad but more trouble than they're worth.  I cooked them with potatoes, bacon and eggs.  Have any of you had them and, if so, what did you think?
Y'all have an awesome day and remember:  A friend is someone who listens to your BS, tells you to your face that it's BS and then listens to more of your BS.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm glad you are able to get out now. Almost seems like Summer here instead of Spring. Lots of rain yesterday, but it's clear out today. In fact, right now it's 80 on the patio.

Momlady said...

HJ the weather has been truly unusual this year. Guess we'll get the rain in a couple of days. Glad you stopped by.