Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Monday, April 17, 2017

The thumb

I would say that the thumb is probably the most important digit on the hand.  Without it gripping would be nigh on to impossible.  Unfortunately arthritis has decided to take up residence in my right thumb.  Particularly in the knuckle closest to the wrist. This is very much an imposition since I knit, weed, weave baskets, make jewelry and other stuff and my thumb is most important in all those things.  I've started wearing a brace at night in hopes that it will help.  I can't stop what I'm doing so must persevere.  Oh yeah, there's that cleaning house thing, too.
Actually it has taken up residence in my left thumb as well, just not so badly.  Sigh.  Getting older is NOT for sissies!
Y'all have a productive day and ask yourself:  if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, does it make a sound?

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

I hate that the aches and pains of getting older (like me) are slowing us down. With me it seems to be in my knees. Along with my eyesight and hearing, not to mention the memory, you are so right about old age not being for sissies.