Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Retreat

I'm going on a quilt retreat this next week.  Am hoping to get a few projects finished.  It'll be nice to be with friends with no worries about cooking or cleaning or laundry, etc.  Just sewing which I should be able to do with this stupid bad wrist I seem to have all of a sudden.  Hope it isn't the same problem I had with the left one.  I really don't want to have to go through surgery, especially since I'm right-handed.  I know what caused it and have quit knitting for the time being.  When I get home from retreat I'll be making an appointment with the doctor who took care of the left one.  Daughter and a friend are coming to take care of the cats.  Because daughter will be bringing the young 'uns the cats will most likely go into hiding.  Granddaughter likes to chase.  She means well, she just wants to pet them.
The snow is gone.  Temperatures are supposed to be much warmer these next few days and the rain comes in on Monday.  Great.  that's the day I drive to NC for the retreat.  Am picking up another guild member on the way and hope that we don't get too wet loading the van with her things.  I plan on getting everything I can into the van tomorrow.
Guess I'd better get a move on.  Cleaning won't get done by itself, darn it.  Y'all have a pleasant day and remember.....today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.  

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like you have a busy time in front of you! Just be careful out there!

CottonLady said...

Have fun at your retreat!! I can sew some, but never learned to quilt. Wish I knew how. My SIL quilts up a storm...she has to wear braces on her hands at night and that seems to help quite a bit.

Glad it's warmer there. It's cold again here, with chances of sleet/snow/mix coming in tonight. Really hope it does come as we are so terribly dry here.

Take care..safe trip..blessings!

Momlady said...

I will be careful, HJ. Glad you came by.

CottonLady,
It's supposed to snow the last three days of the retreat which will make the drive home interesting. Stay warm...blessed be.