Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Had to get up before breakfast yesterday morning and go to the "Winterfest" at a place called The Village at Deaton's Creek. This is a community for folks aged 55 and older. Never in my life have I seen so many people try sooooo hard to let you know how much they love it there. I think something is put in the water once they move in. I didn't sell much....a couple of scarves and a card or two (I forget) of my daughter's hand made Christmas cards. The rest of the gang with me in the model home fared better, for which I am glad. Anyway, the folks who live in this place sport picture ID's. Can you imagine having to wear a picture ID in the community where you live? Yeeeesh. Talk about big brother. I mean....do they really think someone is going to jump a ditch or fence just to get in? You have to stop at the guard gate if you don't live there and your name has to be on the LIST to get in. The houses are on top of one another. Example....even though we were in a model home, eventually it will be sold to someone to live in. The office is to the right of the front door as you come in. There is a window facing the house next door in this office and this window gives one a perfect view of that home's bathroom!
Most of the traffic coming through was of people looking at the homes for possible future purchase. Don't know about you but I couldn't live in a place like that. And I'm always leary when someone can't say enough good about the place they live.
At any rate, it was a long day and I was looking forward to a good night's sleep when I got home. Was also hoping it would snow..... oh well, maybe another time.

No comments: