Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Saw something interesting yesterday.   Was down at the pond clearing the muck from around the overflow pipe when I looked out over the pond and saw a string of small bubbles.  The bubbles were moving ever closer to the lily pads, then went under and through until they were at the edge closest to me.  I then saw some lily pads dip.  Then a few more.  Seems the carp are doing their job.  Every time I clear the muck around the pipe there are more lily pads and stems in it.  Cool!!  I'll go down to the pond every day if necessary as long as they keep at it.  By this time next year I just might have a clear pond.

Please explain to me why we keep sending money we don't have to countries that hate us?

Gonna pick figs this afternoon.  Fig jam anyone?

Y'all have a fruitful day and  ...  Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:  If it moves, tax it.  If it keeps moving regulate it.  And if it stops moving, subsidize it.....Ronald Reagan

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

You know, someone in my family used to put something in the figs when making jelly that made them taste like strawberries. May have been jell-o!

Glad you are getting some goodies from the garden!

I still have peppers and okra...and occasionally a small tomato! Hard to grow anything with no rain and so much HOT!

Momlady said...

Jim...going to give the figs away to people who like to make jam 'cause I'm too lazy. I eat 'em right off the tree when I'm pickin' 'em. I'm throwing the few okra I'm getting in the freezer so K can fry 'em up.
Wishing you rain.....