Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A glorious morning it is. Ms. Henrietta Turkey is enjoying her breakfast as I write. She was here yesterday for quite a while, wandering off to the woods after she had her fill. It's supposed to be in the upper 70's today...a good time for me to go down to the pond and work on the overflow pipe. This is after the van gets its oil change, etc. I try to take care of my vehicles so they'll last me a while. They're paid for and I could do without a car payment, thank you very much. I don't understand those who have to have a new vehicle every 3 or 4 years. My truck has over 200,000 miles on it and still runs great. Granted there is no longer a working AC, but since I use it for hauling stuff around the place I don't mind. They don't make the model van I drive any more. A shame. It's great for camping and tows like a champ. I'll be sad when it finally gives in (which, if I take care of it shouldn't be for some time yet). I'll be sad when my truck gives in, too.

Thought for today: The most common way people give up their power is thinking they don't have any. - Alice Walker

Have a sun filled day.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Don't forget to wear some swimming clothes, just in case you slip and "fall in".

That's what we used to do whenever we got close to water anywhere...accidentally fall in!

That's hard to do when the water has a big ol' wall around it, but we managed!

Enjoy the day outside!

Momlady said...

Jim, I did enjoy it. Luckily I didn't fall in. The water has, at least, warmed up some so my hands didn't freeze.