Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It must be Spring, regardless of the weather. This morning as I awoke I heard a familiar sound coming from the front yard. I hauled myself out of bed, went to the window and, sure enough, there was a tom turkey struttin' his stuff.....all puffed up and tail feathers fanned out. He'd gobble, gobble, strut, then tail feathers would come down and he'd be back to normal size (which was quite impressive, by the way). He'd find something to eat then it was back to puffing up, fanning tail feathers, gobbling. But where was she? I couldn't see the hen from my bedroom window so I went downstairs to look out the window in the door. Sure enough there she was under the bird feeders noshing away and totally ignoring the tom. I mean she never even lifted her head once when he called. After about 30 minutes she started to meander towards the woods with ol' tom still struttin' his stuff behind her. He finally gave up and just plain ran after her. They disappeared into the woods. I wonder if I'll see them tomorrow morning.
Like I said....it must be Spring.

7 comments:

Mayberry said...

What a wonderful sight. I got to watch a white tail buck wooing a doe, then..... Well you know what. Something so many will never see...

tjbbpgobIII said...

I just found your blog here from Hermit Jim where I was having a cup of coffee. Your blog looks nice so I'll just follow along for a few days to see what pops up.

Ken said...

...twitterpating...critters can be a hoot to watch,hours of entertainment...good lookin'blog Momlady,look forward to the new read...

WrethaOffGrid said...

I just read your "about me" page, we must be long lost sisters, I thought I was reading about myself. LOL!

I can't wait to read more... :)

Wretha

Caddie said...

Old? Never I say! Understand you got a pond of fish. Thought when I come with the cake, I might bring my cane pole if that is okay. Until then, let me wish you a find day to celebrate. Happy Birthday to you!
Sissy up here in northeast Tennessee pup sitting.

TEAM HALL said...

Morning Momlady! Heard that you lived in a log cabin in the woods and just had to see it for myself!
Have a grand day!
Cath in Canada

Momlady said...

Mayberry....lucky you. The deer are shy around here. I only ever see the does and the babies. The buck stays in the woods.

tj..glad you stopped by. Hope I can keep you entertained.

Ken...thank you for the compliment. Hope to see you again.

Wretha...I'll have to check out your blog. Thanks for coming by.

Sissy...It's not MY birthday, but thanks anyway. You can come by with a cake anytime.

Cath in Canada....thanks for stopping by. Hope Spring visits you soon.