Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Peepers

Last night on my way home from knit night I heard marsh peepers. They were singing loud and clear and I heard them even with the windows closed. There's one particular area that has a concentrated population. This is where I hear them while on the road. I always think Spring is just around the corner when I hear them. I've been proven wrong and we've had freezes afterward but, to me, it's still the first real sign of Spring.
What's the first real sign of Spring to you?

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Haven't heard any peepers, but the birds are trying like crazy to attract a mate...guess that's a Spring sign, for sure!

Glad it's almost that time!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Um, the water coming out?

Oh, wait...

Momlady said...

Mr. Hermit...the squirrels are going crazy here. I'll be glad to see the dogwoods in bloom.

Cynus....silly bird.