Hi there.....

So kind of you to stop by....I do enjoy the company.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My daughter is way too kind. I read her blog Shade and Sweetwater this morning and would really like to jump down the neighbors' throats. She and her Someone (especially Someone) have put in a lot of work making garden beds in order to grow vegetables. What has happened is inexcusable. The neighbors' dogs have destroyed weeks of labor in one night. What really pisses me off is that the neighbors' dogs always come over to my daughter's yard and my grandson is scared shitless of them. Were it me I would call Animal Control in a heartbeat. My daughter is much kinder and has talked to them, asking that they keep their dogs in the proper yards. She even explained to them that the gardens were not for fun but for food. I wonder if they really understand and hope that she will call Animal Control if either of the dogs come into her yard again. Maybe we need to look into the possibility of putting in a fence. I'm gonna think on that.
Or maybe Someone can fashion a slingshot. A super soaker squirt gun loaded with vinegar and water would work.
As for me....I slept in this morning. It was great! Since it is rainy outside I'm going to sew today. Working on a wall hanging made with batiks.
Oh, and Ms. Turkey was back again this morning munching on whatever leavings there were under the bird feeders. Mr. Tom was nowhere to be seen. Had to use the BB pistol to scare off the deer who were determined to eat one of my Nandinas to the ground. I don't aim to shoot them just aim somewhere near (usually the ground) to scare them so, no one come back to give me any crap about shooting Bambi, okay? There's plenty of other stuff out there for them to nosh on.
Guess I'd better get a move on. The day is passing by and I have things to do. Y'all have a lazy day.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I've got a cure for those dogs that come around unwanted, but it isn't quite as peaceful as talking to the neighbors!

Hope they get repairs made that will not be torn up again!

Momlady said...

Jim...yeah, me too and it doesn't involve talking. I believe if it happens again Animal Control WILL be called.